For the fourth year in a row, Ravenscroft's student-led fundraising team for Crucial Catch has been recognized as the top fundraising school in the nation, exceeding their goal of $30,000 by more than $6,000, and once again winning the prestigious Pink Cleat Award.
This is where your child’s journey begins.
Our program is rich and robust.
Forward thinking and creative, the Lower School faculty provides a rigorous program composed of rich and diverse experiences designed to spark enthusiasm for learning.
- Offerings include Fine Arts classes and instrumental private lessons.
- Regular physical movement is incorporated through Physical Education classes and daily recess.
- Innovation Hub for Innovation, Design and Engineering
- Winston Library is a space just for Lower School students
- Differentiated instruction is delivered through reading, writing and math workshops.
Student safety is paramount.
- Our lower school building is secured with a card access system and security cameras. We have two off-duty Raleigh Police Officers on campus every day.
- We have a licensed school nurse and lower school counselor who each provide safe spaces for any student that needs one.
- Our complete health and physical education curriculum is designed to keep students in good shape in body and mind, and instill healthy habits that will last a lifetime.
- Language Arts
- Social Studies
- Innovation, Design and Engineering
- Physical Education
These subjects are just an overview of the curriculum offered in Lower School. It gives a snapshot of the skills developed by our students as they move through the core and special curricular areas. Ravenscroft meets the individual needs of students through differentiated instruction that is based on how students learn best, what they are interested in, and their development needs.